- This event has passed
Hack4Algeria : the hackathon of Algerian startups
July 27, 2017 – July 29, 2017
Digital transformation, an accelerator of local development
The startup accelerator Sylabs and the Wilaya of Algiers are organizing Hack4Algeria, a hackathon that brings together the most promising startups at the national level to offer their solutions to local issues using technology.
Hack4Algeria is the unique opportunity where young talents from diverse backgrounds and expertise are invited to contribute to the improvement of everyday life through the use of technology. The principle is simple: to propose an innovative solution, feasible and adapted to the Algerian market, to solve daily problems in an agile and efficient way. Startups will benefit from 2 days of intensive collaboration to perfect the solutions they are working on and adapt them to the needs of the Algerian market.
Who can participate:
Hack4Algeria is open to startups with:
– a product or a functional solution,
– a functional prototype undergoing improvement
The selection will be made according to the following criteria:
1. Innovative idea: the innovation (technological, of use or of any other nature) brought by the solution is a primordial criterion for the hackathon
2. Team / project adequacy: The ideal team consists of complementary and adequate skills to the success of your solution.
3. Societal impact: projects with high socio-economic impact will be favored, the most promising projects will be accompanied by Sylabs and the wilaya of Algiers until the implementation.
Points not considered:
– Number of people in the team
– Place of residence
– Age and current situation
Sectors / subject areas (non-exhaustive list):
– Mobility & transport
– Environment and Sustainable Development.
– Relationship with local authorities
– Creative industries
How to participate :
Fill out the form below, describing your solution, and presenting your team and the competencies that make it up:
Deadlines for applications: July 20th
+ GOOGLE AGENDA + EXPORT TO ICAL
July 27, 2017
July 29, 2017